Friday, March 27, 2009

Beginning it all...

Last night, Judy Phillips asked if I was going to keep a blog during the Sisters Singing tour, and I promptly said No, that I wanted to be in the moment and with everyone we'll be visiting––not more screen and computer time. Then I went home and even more promptly set up this blog. Because writing is what I do, and something inside me said that this was a time to share my private journal, to make it a public, and by that I mean something that belongs to all of us, as a community.

So Jean and I will set off in four days for Asheville, New York, Philadelphia and Fredericksberg. Amazing women and men and communities and synchronicities are already flowing in each of these towns. Asheville will be a week from last night. As I awoke this morning I felt the sensation of a great ocean around me that is warm and flowing, opening and threading me towards something new. This ocean is vast. Imperceptable. Holding us all. As Jean once said to me, early on, when we had just met, "Swim with me." I took this as a proposal to share a journey, which it was. I offer the same to all of you, in my way. Swim with me. Let's journey these tides together.

(Written 7am)

No comments:

Post a Comment